Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 3rd

Family! 

How's it going? Hope everything is going well! I can't believe Louie is home! Wow. Time flies.

In our zone conference last week, our mission president gave a training on success. During the training, he shared with us the story of Eric Liddell, a famous runner for England. He was also a devout Christian and would not run races on Sunday. He infuriated the British leadership by refusing to run the 100m prelim race for the Olympics that was held on a Sunday, even when under enormous pressure. He instead ran the 400m prelim, a race he ultimately won. When describing his strategy for running the 400m, Liddell stated: "I run the first 200 meters as fast as I can and, with the Lord's help, I run the 2nd 200 meters even faster." 

 It is really weird that that I am halfway through my mission. In a way, it feels like I just started. But, as our mission president shared with us Liddell's story and that quote, it made me think a lot about how I ran races in high school. I always felt like I was going as fast as I can the first 200m, but the last 200m I gave everything I had.

I am 200m into my mission. I have done well so far. I have worked hard, helped people learn about the Gospel, tried to serve all I can. But, it is still not enough. I have always been someone who can finish stronger than I start. I want to give the Lord everything I have these last couple months. I want to work harder than I ever have before. I want to convert and be converted. I want to do all I can to make myself into an effective instrument that He can use whatever the circumstance. 

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecution may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." 

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment