Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31st


So, last week, we were pretty nervous about teaching Qing about the Word of Wisdom. She had not had any questions with anything she had been taught thus far (and had already read the complete Book of Mormon AND the dictionary, because she said "it did not feel right to not read every page" haha) and we knew this was the last thing that could possibly present a problem. Sister C and I prayed for the Lord to prepare us to teach and Qing to be taught. We sat down to teach her and, after saying a prayer, introduced the Word of Wisdom to her. We had her read the things that the Lord has asked us to avoid off the pamphlet and after reading, she said, "No problem. I have never liked any of these things. I really feel they are not good for our bodies." We sat there stunned for a half a second then proceeded to teach her all the rest of the commandments, including the 10 commandments, Sabbath day, Law of Chastity, Tithing, and fasting. She agreed to them all and was BAPTIZED this last week! She is such a prepared daughter of God and I feel so completely blessed to have the opportunity to play a small part in her journey into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

Qing has two sons, one in Australia and one in China. The one in Australia is not very interested (for now) in learning more about the church, but when Qing told her older son she was getting baptized, he said that he wanted to find the branch in their hometown right away! (and another miracle, there happens to actually BE a small branch in their hometown in China!) 

Another amazing experience, Sister C had the opportunity to go to the temple this last week! She loved the peaceful feeling that was there and is excited to go again! 

I love you all! Keep looking for missionary opportunities! Everyone needs this Gospel and there are people "who are only kept from the truth because they d know not where to find it". Have courage, have faith :)


-Sister Bennion

Mary's Letter from Sarah:

Mary I really wish I had your dedication!!! It is really amazing and takes a lot of confidence in both yourself and the Lord to keep knocking, texting, calling. I know that is one thing I struggle at. I like to put things into categories in my mind. This one is an investigator, this is a former, this person is interested, this person is not. It is really hard for me to stick with someone who is not progressing or to keep talking when the person on the street isn't responding. I want to just go to the next, go to the people who are really interested, and forget about anything that could create an awkward situation for me or the person I work with. Thanks for being an example, like always, to me. God completely blessed me with a sister who is just about perfect in every way. I think that is why He wanted me to be the one going a mission, so that I wouldn't just try to copy everything you do haha. I think God wants me to really think about how I can make things work better in my area and rely on Him for any help to make me weaknesses into strengths. 

I love you so much. The blog entry was genius. Home run. 

-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment