Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th

FAMILY! 

Another fantastic week in Melbourne City! The only thing that could have been improved? General conference. We still have to wait a week. It's killing me. But, I am really excited for the chance to get to hear from the prophet and his apostles! I've already prepared some questions that I want to find answers for as I listen to the sessions. So pumped.

On another note, we had president interviews this past week! Sister Chen was able to do the whole interview with President Maxwell without a translator present, which was pretty awesome. President Maxwell is a great, great mission president; we are very lucky to have him at the head of our mission.

Miracle of the week: Last week, we invited everyone we met with to church. There were about three people who told us to call them Saturday to confirm. So, last Saturday, we called those people up and were informed by all of them that they were busy, had too much homework, etc. We quickly realized that we would not likely have anyone at church that week. We started calling people who had come to church in the past and they all also said they could not come/were not interested. Finally, at 8:58pm, we decided to just call one more number before we started planning. It was someone who I had met 4 weeks ago and had not set a time to meet with us because she was too busy. The girl answered the phone and after asking her how her day was and listening to the answer, I straight up asked her if she would be able to come to church tomorrow....and she said yes. She was there the next day along with her boyfriend and they both agreed to meet next week and hear more about our message :) 

Spiritual thought: In my personal study, I have been reading about about the war chapters in Alma for the last couple days. As I was finishing the chapters, I came across a verse I thought was really interesting. It is Alma 62: 41. It states:  But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war between the Nephites and the Lamanites many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened becausof their aafflictionsinsomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility.
When we go through trials in our lives, we have two choices. We can choose to be embittered by our experiences or we can humble ourselves and turn to God.  "Life is 5% of what happens and 95% how you react to what happens"

Thank you for the emails and pictures! You are all in my prayers!

-Sister Bennion

Mama! Everything is going good! We got the skirts and I LOVE mine! Sister Chen loved the dress, but thought the skirt is too bright, because, although she likes bright colors generally, she feels she looks better in gray or black....should have listened to my mother :) BUT a miracle came out of that skirt! I was wondering what I should do with it, because it is too small for me. I decided just to bring it to a church meeting and give it to a sister missionary that was really tiny. But, when I got to the meeting I started talking to one of the members that has become a really good friend of mine. She is one of the strongest members of the branch, but she often dresses immodestly ( modesty is a problem in our ward for everyone...). When I was talking to her, I had a prompting to give her the skirt. She was a little surprised, but gratefully accepted it. After we went to Relief Society together and guess what the lesson was focused on? Modesty at church meetings! She texted us later that night, thanking us for the modest skirt and said she would wear it next week to church :) HOORAY! 

Love you!! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment