Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7th

How is everything going? Are you enjoying conference? I can't believe I have to wait another week to watch it! (In Australia, they show conference a week later because of the time difference). 

I'm doing good here in Melbourne. Last week was a little rough. Before I came, Sister Z had a superstar companion and has started comparing us lately. Remember my tendency to take offense quickly? Yeah, the Lord definitely wants me to get over that as soon as possible, because He has given me a lot of situations where it would be verrrrry easy to take offense. I definitely definitely have not handled them all like I want to, but I am slowly improving and learning to let things go. 

Another thing that I am really working to overcome is feelings of inadequacy. For the last few weeks, I have begun to feel increasingly inadequate. With all the troubles that have come with being a new missionary and learning a hard language, it is very easy to feel I am not good enough to accomplish tasks that are a regular part of missionary life. And what I am increasingly realizing is that I am not good enough alone. There is no way that I can do this work relying on my own strength, no matter how hard I work. Our zone leader gave us the challenge to read the whole Book of Mormon in 4 weeks and, as I was reading 1 Nephi, I was really struck by Nephi let the enabling power of the Atonement work in his life. In all the challenges he encountered, from physical to spiritual, he turned to the Lord for increased strength, understanding, and ability and was enabled to overcome all trials.
I know that the Lord can enable me to do what I cannot do alone. 

I love you so much, Mama Ogo! Have a great week!

PS Did you go to conference live????? So cool!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment