Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30th

Mama! 

Its so great to know that everything is going great in good ol' Provo! I can't believe you didn't go to Awful Waffle...you guys really need me. I got an email from Hannah last week and it sounds like she is doing so good! I'm so happy that she likes BYU :) And I'm so excited to hear that Mary's place is looking great! It was weird to hear that this is your last parent weekend with her.....ulg our family is getting way too old. 

This week was a really great one! We were finally able to meet with a girl who we had not seen for a couple weeks. Her name is Lynn. We taught her the plan of salvation and, the whole time we were teaching, her eyes were completely lit up. At the end of the lesson, we asked her if she would commit to being baptized in November and she immediately said yes. She also came to church this past week, along with two of our other investigators. So, so amazing. 

Another cool event this week! The girl that I found on the tram (I wrote that her name was Mel a few emails ago, but she actually goes by the nickname Mouse, I don't know where Mel came from haha) was baptized yesterday! The church is true and I am so glad I got to play even the smallest part in building it up. 

Today in my personal study, I found a great talk in the Ensign about integrity. It mentioned the story of Thomas More and how, despite being beaten down and stripped of all he had, he refused to compromise his standards. As Joseph Worthlin said, "Integrity means always doing what is right and good, regardless of the immediate consequences. It means being righteous from the very depth of our soul, not only in our actions but, more importantly, in our thoughts and in our hearts. Personal integrity implies such trustworthiness and incorruptibility that we are incapable of being false to a trust or covenant." Integrity is the foundation that all other Christlike attributes are built upon and, if it is not solid, we cannot be aligned with the Lord and cannot have full access to the blessings of the Spirit. So, challenge for the week! Live life with integrity! Set your standards and hold fast! Never settle for less than befits a child of God :)

I love you, Mama! Hope you have a great week! 

Love Sister Bennion

Hey Papa! 

So glad you had a good time and provo! And glad that the cougars are finally cleaning up their act! I want to be greeted by a good team by the time I come back :) 

I loved your comments on facing challenges with a different attitude! It is something that I have actually been working on this week and I have found a lot more happiness in teaching in Chinese. I've realized that now is the time that I can relate with my investigators most, because a lot of them are not able to speak English very well and are in a new country far from home. And, during our companion study role play today, I was able to teach alone in Chinese for about 10 minutes!! Progress! 

Love you!!!!!! 


-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment