Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 23rd

Great week in Tasmania; we had the Sister Training Leaders come to do exchanges with us and saw a ton of miracles come out of it! Sister S and I had spotted a Chinese family who lived on our street earlier in the week and had planned to have one of the companionships visit them when we were on exchanges. Sister S and Sister R went over and not only was the husband and his mother home, but he invited them in and said missionaries could come back next week to meet with the whole family! That same day, Sister S and I were also able to meet with a Chinese investigator named Yan Chen and she was really excited to have sister missionaries in the area who could go to Relief Society with her so she could better understand what was going on. We are so blessed.
One of the women in Relief Society shared with us this last Sunday a lesson on the conference talk from President Monson. One of her realizations as she was reading the talk was that many of Christ's greatest miracles occured when he was on his way to do something else. She gave as a few examples, including how Jesus healed the woman on the way to heal Jarius' daughter and the story of the 10 lepers. It really struck me and is something I want to work on even more this next week. It is too easy to feel you are "too busy" to help someone when you are rushing to a lesson or appointment.
My motto for this next week:
I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.5
Also. We had a couple of investigators at church last week and had to do translation for them in sacrament meeting. Ugggghghgg. I did not realize how limited my Chinese was until then haha. One of the speakers was talking about rubix cubes in their talk. Killer.
Love you all! Rachel's email was awesome, glad she is enjoying Bolivia!
-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment