Monday, June 17, 2013

Family!!!!

I am in San Diego!  And I am doing great!  My mission president and his wife are the nicest people ever.  When we got to San Diego, all of us got lunch, a quick orientation, and a nap, which was much needed.  I woke up at 1:30 am today!  I was expecting to get thrown into the field so this was a very welcome surprise!
The orientation was good, I found out that I will probably get to Australia in 6-12 weeks, because they wait to send out visas until transfer dates.  Here is some info about the San Diego mission.

1.  It is a no tracting mission.  We will never be asked to knock on a random door.  But, we are expected to talk to everyone we can.  We just get most of our investigators from member referrals.

2.  It was the district they filmed "The District part 2" in (which is the video on mission work we are asked to watch before coming to the MTC)

3. It is a car mission!  I'm kind of glad because it is very hilly in some areas.  However, I'm really hoping I don't do a lot of the actual driving.  I feel like I would do a Mary and get lost (even with a GPS)

4.  It is an English speaking mission for me.  I will have to study Chinese on the side.  I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed.  I feel like I am just prolonging the inevitable.

I really love it here already!  I am so excited to be out and teaching tomorrow!  I know that I am here for a reason and there is someone who needs to hear from me here in California.  Hopefully there is someone who needs me in Australia as week, so I can have the best of both worlds.  I've already promised myself that I will practice Chinese with anyone I can.

It was awesome talking to you all the morning.  My p-day is Tuesday, so I will not email for a little while, but I will for sure have a ton to tell you guys abut teaching and investigators and beautiful San Diego!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Sister Sarah Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment