Saturday, June 8, 2013

And it came to pass...

Day 10 at the MTC! I really can't believe I've only been here for a little more than a week! I really can't remember what it was like not going to bed at 10:30pm and waking up at 6:30 am ( I know, I'm just as suprised as you). I really love being here.
I've been to two devotionals so far and they have both been spectacular. One was about Joseph Smith (this guy did a monologue where he pretended that he was Brigham Young's cousin, Willard Richards. It was about an hour long and he memorized and acted it all! Really, really impressive) and the other by Tad R. Callister. The second devotional by Elder Callister was especially cool to me, because I received a complete answer to my prayers.On Wednesday, we taught an investigator named Claudia about the Restoration of the Gospel and after the lesson, we asked her if she would be willing to be baptized if she prayed and received an answer that what we said was true. She answered, "I'm already baptized." My companion and I tried explaining to her, but we ran out of time and had to leave before giving her a clear answer. But, during Elder Callister's talk, he mentioned a scripture (Acts 19:6) where Paul rebaptized some people who were baptized by someone without the proper preiesthood authority. I am definitely going to use that scripture the next time we teach her!
This week, Sister Parkinson and I taught a lesson in Chinese to one of the teachers who pretended to be an investigator. Yeah. It was rough. Luckily, we did better than some of the Elders who taught another teacher in French. They accidently swore at him haha.
I am SO EXCITED to be going to serve next week! I really did not expect to be out of the MTC so soon! I will be going to San Diego, California until I get my visa (I'm not sure if it is Chinese speaking or not). I leave on Tuesday at 2:30AM.
Oh and I am going to send a couple of the things I don't want to bring to my mission to Diane, because I have her address. Can Mary and Michael pick it up when they come to P-town?
Thanks! Love you guys!!
Sister Sarah Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment