Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 17th

FAMILY.

Hey. 

GREATGREATGREAT week last week! I really feel like the Lord is blessing Sister C and I so much! One of the blessings goes by the name of Yang Yi. She was one of our investigators a couple months ago, but, because she was going to go to India for an exchange program for a month, she could not meet with us for a while. She never answered any phone calls after, so I thought she had lost interest while she was away. But, last week, I sent her a text asking her if she was back from India and she sent one back saying she had returned a little bit ago and was willing to meet! When we met, we were reviewing a little bit what we had taught her before and she told us that the week that she had met with us before, she had said prayers and she felt like someone definitely heard her. She said she is willing to read the Book of Mormon and be baptized if she feels the message it contains is true! She is not sure about a date yet (she leaves next month to go back to China for a while and does not want to be rushed into it), but she is willing to keep meeting.

Another blessing. I already wrote last week about Sister C having a hard time. Last Monday, after going home, she broke down again and cried for an hour straight. That night, I prayed more fervently then I have in a long time to know what I needed to do to help her. Then, just as I finished my prayer, an idea came to my mind so clearly it was like it was spoken to me. Every day, we (as language missionaries) have an hour of language study. Since being on my mission, my companions and I have always spent that hour studying our respective languages separately. But, the idea that came to my mind immediately after I prayed was to spend that hour of language study working with her on English instead of working on Chinese by myself. I asked my zone leaders for permission to wake up a little earlier so that I could do my language study at a time that would not interfere with the work and began to work with her in the day. As I have done this the past week, I have seen the blessings of making that change immediately. Sister C and my relationship has improved a lot and she has not cried since that night last week. She even told me a few days ago about how glad she is that she chose to go on a mission. And, even more miraculously, I feel like my Chinese is actually improving more now then it did before when I studied during the day. 

I have a great testimony that the Lord knows His children personally. He knows what they need and He cares about each one. He hears fervent prayers and He will provide a way that we are able to bear any trial and overcome any obstacle if we have faith and are willing to act on that faith. 

Love you all so much! Have a great, miracle-filled week! 

-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment