Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19th

I'm in the city! AND I'M SPEAKING CHINESE. My companion is from China; her name is Sister Zhang and she is one of the hardest workers I've ever met! She had me making phone calls in Chinese on day one to investigators! And remember how I was saying I don't really like finding? Yeah, we do two hours or more of finding every day. I am verrrry quickly gaining a lot of experience. 

As you can probably imagine, these first few days have been pretty challenging. I definitely do not think my Chinese is sufficient and I really wish I could speak and understand more! It is so frustrating that I have not been able to help out that much in lessons as of yet and it is easy to become discouraged. The amount I need to learn is overwhelming and there really isn't time to study. One of the scriptures that has really helped me is Ether 12:27, in which the Lord says "And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them." I have definitely seen my weaknesses this past week. I have definitely been humbled. And I definitely know that, as I have faith in the Savior, that the Lord can strengthen me. There is no way that I can learn what I need to and do the work I need to without the assistance of the Lord. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be refined and I am praying that I can have the faith necessary to see miracles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment