Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18th

Family! 

How is it going?

Still doing good here in Australia. Last week was so busy it is nice to have some time to relax today.

Funny story of the week: For the last few weeks, we have been meeting with Alex, one of our investigators from Malaysia, before our family home evening activity. He is a big guy and is pretty blunt and intense, but really loves family home evening, because he says he always feels happy and welcome there.  Last week, Alex said that he wanted to bring a friend when he met with us next. We assured him that his friend was completely welcome. So, at the beginning of our next lesson, he introduced us to his friend, Wei Qi. He told us (RIGHT in front of his friend) that he really thought his friend should hear your message, so he tricked him into coming by telling him they were going to an English Class activity. Luckily, Wei Qi was pretty okay with being tricked into coming and really liked the lesson and activity. He met with us later that week and accepted a baptismal date for late December. 

This morning in personal study, I read 1 Nephi 21:14-15, which states:


 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.

 15 For can a awoman forget her sucking child, that she should not have bcompassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may cforget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the apalms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
 I remember, when reading these verses last year in my Book of Mormon class at college, my teacher noting that the most love-driven relationship that we have on this earth, the bond between a mother and her newborn child, pales in comparison to love the Lord has for us. Our Savior loves us completely and utterly. He is always thinking of us. He remembers our sufferings, He knows our pain, and He has experienced our trials. The walls that are before Him, the walls of pride and jealousy and everything that keep us from returning to God's presence, are walls that He has already overcome for us. He knows how to succor us according to our infirmities. He knows how to bring us home. 

I love the Lord and I am so proud to be doing His work! 

Love you all! 
-Sister Bennion

It is so beautiful in Melbourne!
Here is the Letter Sarah sent to her brother

LUKER-LOU!

How's it going bud? I heard you were sick recently! I hope you are feeling better now and preparing for thanksgiving! :) 

I'm doing great in Australia. Being on a mission is just about the coolest experience I have ever had. You get to meet a lot of new people and get to see a lot of miracles. There is an elder in my zone that kind of looks like an older version of you and makes me think about how soon you will also be a missionary! It is so crazy to think about! 

Recently, we have been teaching someone who is 19 years old. He is preparing to be baptized this week. One of the reasons he is getting baptized is that his friend in the church was a really good example. A big reason people join the church is because they feel like they have friends there and are happy. Make sure to be a good example to your friends, both the ones that are members of the church and the ones that are not. 

Dad sent me a bunch of pictures of you and the treehouse this week. I'm so jealous!! 

Love you! Have a great week! 

-Sister Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment